We are looking for an exceptional individual to represent ACCESS Philadelphia who matches the team’s passion, exceptional work ethic and collaborative mentality. ACCESS Philadelphia offers two service lines: Destination Management Services and Event Planning & Production.
Manager of Business Development will play a key role in procuring new business and developing new business strategies. In addition to managing his or her own new business pipeline, he or she will also manage a roster of assigned clients. Manager of Business Development will have a true daily “pulse” on new business opportunities on behalf of the firm.
This position is full-time with an annual salary, generous new business commission and bonus potential.
MANAGER OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ROLE INCLUDES:
- Report directly to ACCESS Philadelphia’s Director of Sales.
- Create New Business Outreach and Development Strategic Plan to direct development efforts weekly, monthly and annually.
- Self-generate as many leads as possible on behalf of ACCESS Philadelphia; Quantitative goals will be set forth with direction from both Director of Sales and President and Partner.
- Manage other client/program leads and opportunities as assigned.
- Manage self-generated and internally-assigned client/program leads through sales cycle including RFP response, proposal(s) development, verbal commitment and contract execution.
- Review and update weekly Sales Reports for all self-generated and assigned client activity.
- Develop and manage applicable collateral and communication templates.
- Secure and lead preparations for all new business meetings and presentations.
- Develop and manage specifically-targeted plan to establish preferred or exclusive DMC status within Greater Philadelphia area hotels and other key venues.
- Develop and manage specifically-targeted plan to develop preferred status with Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau and maximize leads through PHLCVB convention/meeting calendar.
- Serve as point-of-contact for key industry association memberships; Consistent participation within all membership-based affiliations, including but not limited to attending monthly and annual meetings with goal of representing ACCESS Philadelphia and ACCESS brand and self-generating new relationships and business.
- Opportunity and expectation to travel locally, regionally and nationally as necessary to procure new business for ACCESS Philadelphia and the larger ACCESS brand.
- Liaise with Director of Sales to gather intelligence/approve cold calls/outreach to any potential clients already associated with the ACCESS brand.
- Present weekly updates at Sales Meeting and in rotation within Sales team for All-Staff meeting.
- Lead transition meetings for all self-generated and assigned client/programs once contracted.
- Support Director of Sales with ad hoc Sales-related, client-optimization, local marketing, and/or hoc projects.
MANAGER OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT’S DAY-TO-DAY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage all New Business-related activity with emphasis on driving all self-generated and assigned business effectively through all stages of life cycle with goal of responding to all viable RFPs, winning all viable opportunities and contracting 100% of won business.
- Commissioned on all self-generated RFPs and ACCESS inter-office referrals (IORS).
- Create and update client proposals (often multiple iterations.)
- Source and contract venues, vendors and key suppliers.
- Plan and host initial site visit(s) with clients and key suppliers.
- Conduct “sell” meetings (conference calls and in-person) in all stages prior to contracting new business.
- Manage and track initial budget for assigned client programs and events in designated financial worksheets.
- Input and manage Salesforce™ for assigned client programs and events with assistance from Sales Operations Coordinator.
- Leverage Director of Sales for all new business discovery meetings, presentations and partnership negotiations.
- Collaborate with Director of Sales and Director of Programs and Events to complete thorough post-program client debrief and identify all viable ACCESS IORS and ACCESS Philadelphia repeat business.
- Continually evaluate Sales team processes to ensure best practice and maximize productivity.
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
- Minimum 3-5 years of sales experience
- Preferred sales experience within the hospitality industry
- Self-motivated, goal-driven, proactive, deadline driven
- Exceptional work ethic with emphasis on superior client service and communication
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Ability to prospect, develop and manage multiple clients/programs simultaneously with high-level service
- Ability to work effectively in both independent and collaborative ACCESS Philadelphia office settings
- Demonstrated writing and oral presentation proficiencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce™ or similar sales management platform
- Enthusiasm to embrace ACCESS brand and mission and represent ACCESS Philadelphia with decorum & pride
- Adaptive and flexible client support including meetings and programs that requires attendance in early mornings, evenings, late nights and weekends
- Amenable and flexible with local, regional and national travel as it pertains to new business development and representing ACCESS Philadelphia and ACCESS brand through strategic group sales trips, association meetings/participation and/or ACCESS brand-sponsored meetings/other sales activities
- Passion to learn, grow and establish professional roots within a dynamic, fast-paced, flourishing firm
Please send cover letter and resume to Maria DiBenedetto, President & Owner, email@example.com
no later than April 30, 2018.
Please indicate “Manager of Business Development” in subject line.
Resumes without cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls, please.