Company Overview: Access New York Metro is the independently-owned, New York City-based office of the nationally recognized event production and destination management company ACCESS (www.accessdmc.com). Previously known as Empire Force Events, this office provides award winning event services to corporate clients throughout the New York metro region, and beyond.
Reports to: Director of Production / Senior Partner
Production Managers on the Access New York Metro team are responsible for the design, planning, production and managing of event services in conjunction with clients and the Access team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development of creative proposals and supporting the sales process
- Learning the internal systems, and development of event management processes and procedures
- Research and information collection of event elements and services
- Client interaction and communication – at times as a primary contact, or in conjunction with an account manager
- Vendor interaction and coordination
- Production planning, budgeting and preparation
- On-site management and staffing of events – pre, during and post
- Production support of marketing & sales efforts
- General administrative duties
- Continued development of professional skills and education in relation to the event industry
Required Job Qualifications – Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Minimum of five years professional work experience related to the skills described below in the event or related industry.
- A can-do, client-focused, team player attitude at all times and must be willing to work through the peaks and valleys of our hectic work schedule
- A passionate commitment to continued learning and training, improving and contributing to yourself, your position, your ACCESS Team and the ACCESS brand.
- A passion for events and the drive of creating a rewarding career in the event industry
- Ability to be effective in a non-traditional work environment that includes flexible time, working virtually and on site at events.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization, specifically in planning process and communication style
- Appreciation for teamwork and a sense of responsibility to the team and a high moral standard in all that you do
- Exceptional work ethic with emphasis on superior service to both clients, event attendees, vendor partners and ACCESS Team.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proficiency in math and accounting
- Demonstrated reading & communication skills, verbal and written
- A strong ability to time manage and multi-task, working on multiple client programs and events, timelines and budgets simultaneously
- Proactive, self-motivated and deadline-driven
- Ability to work effectively in both independent and collaborative ACCESS office settings; and collaborate effectively with various third parties associated with client’s programs and events
- Proficiency using the following software platforms:
- Microsoft Office 365: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Adobe Acrobat
- Social Tables
- Proficiency in web research
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop or similar graphic design applications
- Experience with Social Media platforms
- Experience with Microsoft Publisher
- 2nd language skills
If interested, send your detailed resume and a cover letter reflecting your aspirations in the event industry to NYCareers@accessdmc.com.
Resumes without cover letter and/or required experience will not be considered.
No phone calls, please.